Shop fire near Gayville

Gayville Fire Department responded to a shop fire at the Barnes Feed Mill west of Gayville Monday morning, March 13, at 9:20 a.m.  where spray foam insulation on the walls and ceiling of the shop ignited from a grinder being used by an employee. He was unable to stop the fire and the shop subsequently became fully involved inside. Due to the type of materials stored in the shop and the amount of damage sustained at the point of arrival, the fire department made openings in the garage doors and fought the fire from the outside and conducted salvage and overhaul when the fire was cooled down. Responding fire departments were Gayville, Volin, Yankton and Vermillion for tanker support. Firefighters were on scene for about two hours. Submitted by Yankton Deputy Chief Larry Nickles.

Blaze Publications, Inc.

Jeff Gargano - Editor
P.O. Box 122
Humboldt, IA 50548

News and Advertising: News and advertising deadlines are the 15th of each month for the next month's issue.


Comment Here