Isanti Firefighters Respond to Smoke Showing at Bar/Restaurant
Isanti firefighters responded to a reported bar/restaurant with smoke showing on Feb. 21 at 4:01 a.m. First responding firefighters reported white smoke showing, which transitioned to black smoke and flames prior to the engines arrival at the rural lakeside bar.
Crews made entry and knocked the fire down quickly with mutual aid from the St. Francis Fire Department.
Full investigations are being performed. At this time cause and origin have identified freshly laundered bar rags used to clean the cooking hood the day before, which were stored in a plastic hamper in the believed area of origin.
The building which was originally constructed in 1975 had several unique factors to consider including several layers of construction, a second, newer building constructed approximately 10 feet away and a cooking hood on the opposite side of the building which was providing a significant vent for the fire. Crews said the fire started down low but was finding small openings to the attic around electrical boxes which was charring the wood roof trusses and charging the attic with smoke and embers when they made entry.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire. Assisting the 18 Isanti Fire District firefighters was the St. Francis Fire Department, Isanti County Safety & Rescue and the Isanti County Sheriff’s Office.